WiccaSources Blog

WiccaSources Blog incites all Pagans from around the world to unite for freedom of speech. The virtual gathering place counts with the presence of mainstream Pagan writers in direct interview in support for the Pagan Community.

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Difficult Life of an Incense Maker


This morning I am really mad! I just found out this awesome new incense recipe and was ready to roll a new batch of incense. I was only waiting for the sandalwood to arrive – I mail order it from the U.K. most of the time- and when it finally arrived, I started preparing my working table, measured the aromatics, the binder, the liquid; everything was just perfect. So…I added the base (the red sandalwood was the chosen base for this recipe) and let the sticks dry. I have waited four days for the incense to dry and this mourning I got up all excited to light my new incense sticks.

To my surprise, the incense smelled like….NOTHING! It turns out the sandalwood is of the poorest quality and it messed out the entire recipe. I am sooo mad, I can’t even write straight. Do you imagine how frustrating it is to spend the all week anxiously waiting for your new incense recipe to dry and the finding out you have just spent some big bucks in the poorest quality sandalwood ever? I should learn not to mail order my incense making supplies but in my country it’s the only possible way to find all the materials I need. I am off to work now and try to forget about this incident. BB.
posted by Satyia @ 3:13 AM  

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've added a link to your blog on my page.

    Sorry to hear about the incense. That as to be frustrating.

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Satyia said…

    Dont even mention it, now that some time has passed I kind of think I was being silly to worry about such a thing, but it really got me mad at that time .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Good Site? Vote at:
Starting Point Directory
Directory